Taro by Dave Miyamoto


U.S. Dept of Veterans Affairs


GI Bill® website

GI Bill? is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.


VA Staff

Kelli Nakama

Certifying Official
Veterans Affairs
Office of the Registrar
QLC, Room 010


Additional Resources

Direct Deposit: 877-838-2778

Monthly Verification of Attendance: 877-823-2378



betway必威可靠吗:Start VA Benefits

必威 www.dryerkiln.com Review the application information and steps below to start your Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits at UH Mānoa.

1. Application Instructions

If you are not already a continuing UH Mānoa student, you must first apply for admission by the appropriate deadline and be admitted. Visit Admissions for more information.

If you have never received VA education benefits and have not yet applied for benefits with the Department of Veterans Affairs, visit VA.gov to apply.

If you have received VA education benefits from another school, but have never received benefits from UH Mānoa, visit VA.gov to apply for a Change of Program or Place of Training and to update your current benefits.

2. Certificate of Eligibility

If the VA approves your application, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), or award letter, in the mail. You must provide a copy of your COE to the Office of the Registrar in-person or scan and email your COE to uhmva@www.dryerkiln.com.

Note: If you have not yet received a COE from the VA, but would like to start your benefits, provide a copy of the confirmation page of your VA application. You may also provide your statement of benefits from the VA website.

Note: Students under the CH 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment benefit do not receive a COE. Your case manager should send a VA Form 28-1905 directly to uhmva@www.dryerkiln.com.

3. Submit all transcripts to UH Mānoa

It is your responsibility to see that UH Mānoa evaluates transcripts from previous institutions attended to determine the number of transferable credits that will be counted toward your degree. The VA mandates that all transcripts be evaluated by UH Mānoa for prior credit, including transcripts for military training, even if credit may not be granted. Failure to do so could lead to suspension of benefits. All official transcripts must be sent directly from the prior institution to the appropriate UH Mānoa Admissions Office.

Visit How to Request Your Military Transcripts [PDF] for instructions on how to request and send your military transcripts to the university.

4. Confirm your Residency Status

Confirm your residency status found on your letter of acceptance from the university. If you have questions about your residency status or about active duty, veteran or dependent exemptions, please contact a residency counselor at the Office of Admissions:

2600 Campus Road
Queen Lili?uokalani Center (QLC) Room 001
Honolulu, HI 96822
Phone: 808-956-8975
Email: uhmanoa.admissions@www.dryerkiln.com

Note: Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits will only cover resident tuition and mandatory fees up to your entitlement percentage. If you are paying non-resident tuition, you will be responsible for the non-resident portion of the tuition.

For additional information on Veteran Exemptions to non-resident tuition, please visit Residency & Veteran Exemptions.

5. Start a VA New Student File

Complete the forms for your VA New Student file at the Office of the Registrar. You may request that the forms be sent to you by emailing uhmva@www.dryerkiln.com.

Undergraduate New Student Checklist:
VA Student Information Sheet
Student Responsibility Form
(Veterans Only) Military Transcripts
Certificate of Eligibility
(If applicable) Military Science & Leadership OR Aerospace Studies Course Approval Form
(If applicable) MATH 134 or 161 Placement Exam Form

Graduate New Student Checklist:
VA Student Information Sheet
Student Responsibility Form
(Veterans Only) Military Transcripts
Certificate of Eligibility
Graduate VA Student Education Plan
Certification Agreement for Thesis, Dissertation, Research

Post-Baccalaureate Unclassified New Student Checklist:
VA Student Information Sheet
Student Responsibility Form
(Veterans Only) Military Transcripts
Certificate of Eligibility
Department Memo

Submit all completed forms and application materials to the Office of the Registrar. You may also email the forms to uhmva@www.dryerkiln.com from your www.dryerkiln.com email account.

6. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Students may allow the School Certifying Official to release VA certification information to a third party (i.e., another person, such as a spouse or parent) by submitting an official request at the Office of the Registrar. Visit Policies for additional information about FERPA.